Opportunities for Partnership: Sign up to Volunteer
Click the Volunteer button to express interest in any of the opportunities below or email the Feller Center's Career Planning team at email@example.com.
Share Your Experiences
Students love to hear from alumni who have used their in-class learning in their jobs. All you have to do to participate is answer these questions and attach a photo. This is a very low time commitment option that could have a huge impact on students! We work with instructors to integrate featured alumni as an example of career path options within courses (in-person or as a written document).
Do you have experience with LinkedIn, developing a resume, interviewing, etc. that you would be interested in sharing with students? We often plan group or individual events where alumni/employers share their tips on how to best prepare to apply for openings.
Share information and network with students as they learn about various industries. We choose different industry areas to feature each semester.
In partnership with the UMD Alumni Association, we invite you to join the UMD Terrapins Connect, an online advising program, which offers a secure space for alumni-to-student advising and mentoring. No overwhelming time commitments. Create an account today.
Alumni may join to mentor students or to expand their network by connecting with other alumni!
Networking Night with students and alumni.
Students Visit You
Host UMD students
Intern for a Day, through the University of Maryland University Career Center & The President's Promise, connects current undergraduate UMD students with alumni, parents, and employers for short-term job shadowing opportunities to explore potential career fields. Fall 2023 Registration Form.
Interested in participating in Intern for a Day, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest in order to be added to our email list and to receive the host registration form (if we are actively registering hosts at that time). Review the timeline and other details.
Host a group of 25+ students at your organization for a tour, career panel, or other events to educate students on career paths. Generally last 1.5 to 3 hours. Recent visits include,
- Sheppard Pratt
- U.S. Department of the Treasury, International Affairs
- National Geographic
- Little Leaves
- U.S. Secret Services Training Facility
A huge thank you to UMD Alum Pamitha D. Weerasinghe, J.D., who hosted a group of UMD students on the Hill.
Stay Connected/Recruit a Terp
Join our LinkedIn Group
There are many ways to share and recruit from the College of Behavioral & Social Sciences.
- The University Career Center staff is available to assist in establishing new internship programs or enhancing existing ones by helping with structuring your opportunities, identifying best practices, and/or preparing internship supervisors.
- Send questions to email@example.com.
- General employer questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Career exploration resources for alumni
- Review Career Guides created by the UMD Alumni Association
- Attend events on campus.
- Explore career options.
- Terrapins Connect Job Board: The Terrapins Connect alumni-only job board allows you to effortlessly access job opportunities or hire your fellow Terps. Check out a few listings below: To check out all jobs or post a job today, click here.
- Coaches Corner offered by the Alumni Association
- Stay engaged, Alumni Association Events calendar