Schedule an appointment
BSOS- Feller Center, Career Planning Appointments: Use your CAS credentials to log into TerpEngage, click “Schedule an appointment” and select one of the topics below from the “All Appointments topics” box at the top right of the screen.
- Explore Career Options
- Resume or Cover Letter Review (select for Career Fair prep as well)
- Internship Search
- Interviewing Preparation (if interested, add "Mock Interview" in the comment section)
- Networking Options: LinkedIn/Terrapins Connect
- Job Search
- Graduate School Preparation
All current undergraduate BSOS majors may schedule a 30-minute appointment for an in-person or virtual meeting through TerpEngage. After you schedule your appointment, complete these steps to make the most of the meeting.
- CCJS undergrads: Meet with Shannon Sibel, Career Outreach Specialist- CCJS, through TerpEngage.
- ECON undergrads: Send questions to Ronda Ansted, Career Outreach Strategist- ECON, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PhD BSOS students: Resources for current doctoral students and Postdoctoral Associates.
Can’t wait for an appointment or have questions about how to schedule an appointment? Email your career/internship related questions to email@example.com.
Other Options for Career Planning & Prep Appointments
Schedule Appointments with Industry Advisors: Terrapins Connect
- University Career Center, all UMD students may schedule career related appointments.
- Maryland Center for Undergraduate Research: can help students find mentors, enabling them to develop meaningful professional relationships in their field of interest.
- National Scholarships Office offers support for students applying to prestigious awards and experiences, including study abroad, graduate study (and sometimes undergraduate study also), federal employment, teaching, research, and public service.
- Pre-Law Professions Advising Office serves all current and former students at UMD interested in law school.
- Reed-Yorke Health Professions Advising Office meets with UMD undergraduate students interested in the health profession.
- The Writing Center meets with undergraduates to offer feedback on writing samples and personal essays/statements.
BSOS majors who have a double major in the Colleges below, also have access to their Career Services offices.
Rahila O. Olanrewaju
Strategy & Analytics at Deloitte
Rockville, MD, USA
Associate at Chamber Hill Strategies
Washington, DC, USA
Mt Kisco, NY 10549, USA