In addition to directly supporting students, the Feller Center's Career Planning team collaborates with BSOS faculty and staff to develop career ready graduates. Contact Crystal Sehlke, Director of Career Planning in the Feller Center, by email (email@example.com) to learn more.
Upcoming Career Planning Events for BSOS Students (share with your students)
The Feller Center Career Planning team can assist you in this effort by developing customized assignments. Let us know your interests and we’ll work with you to meet the needs of your students. Import assignments into your course space in Canvas by joining the University Career Center’s group on Canvas Commons, an add on to the Canvas/Elms platform.
- Download career assignment into your class: University Career Center Canvas Commons group offers assignments you may customize as needed
- Use the UMD Portfolio, a campus-wide eportfolio initiative, that gives students the opportunity to highlight skills, experiences, and learning through a set of curated works in an online platform, Portfolium.Read More.
- Additional ideas for connecting in class learning to real world applications.
- Outcomes: impact of integrating career assignments into a 100-level course.
The Feller Center Career Planning staff lead short presentations on almost any career related topic of your choosing for BSOS core classes. We focus on helping students see how their in class learning is making them more marketable for post-graduation opportunities. Get Started.
The University Career Center tracks the initial destinations of UMD grads through the Graduation Survey which is administered to bachelor’s degree recipients for each graduation cohort. The survey captures career-related outcomes, as well as data on participation in co-curricular activities during graduates’ tenure at the University of Maryland. The report covers August 2019, December 2019, and May 2020 graduates.
Career Planning Audit, Undergraduates
The Feller Center's Career Planning team will be piloting a new initiative entitled the BSOS Career Planning Audit. The Audit consists of a self-reported inventory that produces customized recommendations to help each student progress through their career development. Each undergraduate BSOS student will receive the Audit when they reach 75-89 academic credits. The Career Planning Audit will be part of the existing BSOS Academic Audit, highlighting the connection between academic and career planning preparation. Read more.
- Sign up for a bi-weekly eNewsletter of Career Events for BSOS Faculty/Staff to share with BSOS students by emailing the Feller Career Planning team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join our LinkedIn group, University of Maryland College of Behavioral and Social Sciences