Connect with federal and state agencies at events on and off campus. Start applying for federal internships (review sample opportunities). Not sure what career paths are available within the federal government? Check out, the top government employers for social sciences majors.
- Open jobs: The Federal Government is hiring across a wide range of career fields to help respond to the COVID-19 national emergency. These mission-critical jobs will have a direct impact on the American people and the government's response to COVID-19.
- Past Marijuana Use Is No Longer a Disqualifier for a Federal Job (may not include positions in the intelligence community)
BSOS majors have access to events and workshops to learn about the federal application process.
- Review the application process
- Building a Resume in USAJobs
- What should I include on my federal resume?
- Federal resume example
- 2020 Federal Pay Table
- Understanding the GS Scale (experience & education level determines pay)
- Background Checks and Security Clearances, terms defined
- 5 Tips to Prepare for a US Government Security Clearance
- Find the Hidden Jobs/Internships
- USAJOBS.gov: Review internship and job openings. Save time by creating a "saved search" that will email you updates
- Maryland internship/job positions
- Resources for a state & local government
- University Career Center's Tips: Internship Searching
30 Fellowships in US Government for Recent Graduates and Young Professionals: If you are a recent graduate interested in serving in the United States government, these fellowships are for you! There are opportunities in a variety of departments and fields, including policy, science, technology, and international affairs.