Connect with federal and state agencies at events on and off campus. Start applying for federal internships (review sample opportunities).
COVID-19 Hiring Updates:
Open jobs: The Federal Government is hiring across a wide range of career fields to help respond to the COVID-19 national emergency. These mission-critical jobs will have a direct impact on the American people and the government's response to COVID-19.
Federal Agencies have new authorities to hire emergency staff and bring on all new workers virtually. Look who is hiring.
New positions are still being posted on USAJOBS. Federal human resources specialists and managers are still working. Here are some titles being advertised: Loan Specialist, Disaster Recovery Specialist, Paralegal Specialist, and Attorney Advisor. The government needs employees to implement services by: VA, FDA, CDC, FEMA, HHS, CMS, SSA, USACE and other agency missions to support the pandemic responses and emergency pandemic funding.
- Review the application process
- Building a Resume in USAJobs
- What should I include on my federal resume?
- Federal resume example
- 2020 Federal Pay Table
- Understanding the GS Scale (experience & education level determines pay)
- Background Checks and Security Clearances, terms defined
- 5 Tips to Prepare for a US Government Security Clearance
- USAJOBS.gov: Review openings. Save time by creating a "saved search" that will email you updates
- Use the Occupational Series number to locate positions
- Locate Internships
- Find the Hidden Jobs: Tips
- Maryland internship/job positions
- Locate openings through agency's website
- Programs/services for military veterans
- Resources for a state & local government
- Top employers and areas to target
- University Career Center's Tips: Internship Searching
30 Fellowships in US Government for Recent Graduates and Young Professionals: If you are a recent graduate interested in serving in the United States government, these fellowships are for you! There are opportunities in a variety of departments and fields, including policy, science, technology, and international affairs.