The College of Behavioral & Social Sciences is dedicated to enhancing international relations, encouraging global sustainability, understanding societies and cultures, and improving the human condition. BSOS encourages students to explore themes of globalization in their studies and extracurricular activities, and prides itself on providing opportunities for students to travel, explore the world and engage with a diverse spectrum of individuals and cultures.
Opportunities for Multi-ethnic Students
Global Maryland- list of on-campus and off campus options
- International Relations
- Global Studies Minors
- Global Fellows DC (on campus and with internships in Washington DC)
- Arabic & Persian Language Flagship Programs (Language Training & Scholarships)
- Language House
- Cross-Cultural Opportunities on campus
- International Student Union
- International student services
- Scholarships for international students
- Global Communities (on campus)
- International Studies College Park Scholars (on campus)
- UMD Global Classrooms are an innovative way to gain international experience, virtually, from wherever you are! Join forward-thinking students and faculty from UMD and international peer institutions to gain real-world skills while collaborating on global challenges and designing contributive solutions for meaningful impact.
You will gain a deeper understanding and respect for your host country and see your own country through a new lens. Studying abroad can expand your understanding of the world and give you different views of international affairs, from politics to economics to social issues. The earlier you start making your study abroad plans the more options you will have. Review these general advising guidelines when planning education abroad.
- Making Study Abroad Affordable
- Linguistic and Cultural Immersion
- Global Terrorism Studies Winter Trip to Australia
- Boren Scholarships
- Berlin and Tübingen, Germany - Winter Study Abroad Program
Intern Abroad, Explore programs listed on the UMD Education Abroad website
Go Abroad, internship options
Health and Safety Information for Students Going Abroad Independently (Includes links to State Department international travel website, information for women travelers, UMD Health Center's International Travel Clinic and more)