The College of Behavioral & Social Sciences is committed to supporting the development of engaged, empowered student leaders who use their time and talents to assist their peers and to fulfill the BSOS mission to Be the Solution to the world’s great challenges.
- BSOS Dean's Student Advisory Council (DSAC)
- BSOS Ambassadors
- BSOS Peer Mentors
- BSOS Orientation Peer Advisor
Other BSOS Student Organizations & Competitive Teams
- Model United Nations - University of Maryland
- Model Congress - University of Maryland
- Mock Trial Team - University of Maryland
There are many options to gain leadership experience at the University of Maryland. The Leadership & Community Service-Learning office, located in the Stamp Student Union, offers several structured events/programs.
UMD Do Good offers several programs that offer funds, resources, or space to "do good"!
- Do Good Accelerator Fall Fellows Program ($1500 stipends): Have a developed social impact project that needs support, resources, or coaching to expand? Do Good Accelerator’s Fall Fellows program is now accepting applications! Learn more about the program and apply today at go.umd.edu/acceleratorfellows. Applications close Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 11:59pm.
- Do Good Mini-Grants (up to $750): Do Good Mini-Grants provide funding and coaching for the development and implementation of student-led, student-run proposals that aim to create a positive social or environmental impact. Receive up to $750 to support your project or venture! Learn more about the program and apply today at go.umd.edu/minigrants. Applications close Monday, September 18, 2023 at 11:59pm.
- ChangeMaker Pathways: A new 5-week experiential program primarily for first-year, second-year, or transfer students. You will explore ways that you can Do Good in your personal, professional, or educational life through interactive and discussion-based workshops. Learn more about the program and register today at go.umd.edu/changemakerpathways. Registration closes Monday, September 18, 2023 at 11:59pm.